Saturday, June 26, 2010

Goodbye Nukies, Night 1

Well, Its time. We are getting rid of Gabby's beloved Nukies. Gabby's 2nd birthday is fast approaching, and I have a few dys off work this week, so I decided to go for it. Friday night was Night 1.

* Gabby had her nuk in the car on the way home from Great-grandmas. Once we got home, they seemed to disapear. She didn't mention it all night. Then when we went up for bed, she went to her nukie bowl (we keep a handful in her room) and it was gone. "Where nuk?" she asked us. Neither Bryan or I answered, we just ignored the question and changed the subject.

We went about our regular routine: milk, brush teeth, read a book....no mention of the nuk. Once it was time for lights out and rocking, she got mad! "Where nuk!!??" she asked me. Again I ignored the question and laid her in the crib as usual with her moo and her blanket. She cried, whined, and yelled for me. "I'm not giving in!!" I told myself. She can do this. (and so can I)

It took her 28 minutes. Then she was out. Whew! We made it. Here's hoping to a good rest of the night.

As it turns out...it went well. Gabby slept all night, and on Saturday morning. She didn't mention the nukie one time. :) We went almost the entire day with no mention!! It happened about 2:30 pm. We were out running errands, doing some shopping and Gabby was past naptime. She asked for it. With 6 people in the car, one of whom was a sleeping baby...we gave in. Maybe she will fall asleep. (she didn't)...she sucked on it until we got to the next store, and then gave it back to me. "I not want this." she says :) (yeah!)

She did end up using it again on the way home from the store, and fell right asleep. As soon as she was sleeping though, the nuk fell out. It went right back into mommys purse and was not mentioned again the rest of the day!!

Great job Gabby! You did really well!!! Hope Night 2 goes just as well!!

Here are a few "nukie" pictures for your viewing pleasure.


Me and my nuk, crusing in the pontoon!


4th of July picnic, with my color festive nuk!


Sleeping with my favorite pink nuk


Me and nuk acting like a chicken!


Nuk and I, getting into a mess!

No comments:

Post a Comment