Saturday, October 30, 2010

Naughty Nap Time

This morning I cleaned Gabby and Nolans room. Picked up all the toys, put all the books back on the shelf. Changed the bedding. The usual.

At naptime, I planned on cleaning the rest of the house. Gabby and Nolan had something else in mind. We put them down for naps as usual. I could hear them up there talking, yelling and playing. Gabby usually wanders around the room for awhile before she goes to sleep. Its common for her to take a few things out and "read" Nolan a story before they both settle in and go to sleep. Well today....not so much. There was no settling in.

She opened up the shades and was watching the activity outside. Bryan and the boys were out there, so I could hear her: "Hi Daddy!!" "Hi Kody!!" (Bryan said she was standing in the window watching them and drinking her cup). Goof ball!

I figured eventually they would give in, and since there was no crying, I just went about my planned cleaning. Well......2 hours later, they were still up. They had been quiet off and on, so I thought at one point they might have gone to sleep.

Nope.

So I went up. Opened the door.

OH. MY. GOSH.

"HI!" .......I hear from my left. Gabby was sitting up on top of the changing table smiling away. Nolan was jumping in his crib and starting to cry.

You want to know why we call Gabby the "tornado".......... look below.








You can understand why Nolan couldn't sleep either. Hard to sleep with the sun shining in every window, the overhead light on, and 2 lamps on. Also hard to sleep when your sister throws toys into your bed and runs around naked. Oh.....yeah, thats not in the picture. She took her socks, pants and diaper off. Then......proceeded to PEE on the bed. Nice. There goes the clean sheets. She also managed to rearrange all Nolans pictures on the wall and knock down one of his wooden letters. (that are 5 feet off the ground!)


Oh, and one more picture.

Notice half the curtains are missing the the rod is bent.
"I brake that." Says Gabby.
"Yeah. Mommy can see that. Were you naughty?"
"Yes. Me naughty."

At least she admits it.


Hoping for a real NAP time tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment